Water droplets and water vapour condensation on smooth surfaces can lead to optical interference and impede the transparency or reflection. Evaporation causes annoying spotting that may also affect the optics and can entail increased cleaning work.
Our clear, transparent hydrophilic functional layer achieves an improved wetting behaviour of the surface so that fine precipitating water droplets spread to form a cohesive thin film. This creates an anti-fog effect and prevents optical interference. The thin film of water also facilitates evaporation and makes for a cooling effect (greater energy-saving potential).
Coating for different products
Properties of GBhydrophilic
- contact angle for water θ < 5° (according to DIN 55660-3:2011-12)
- maximum temperature load: 200 °C
- film thickness from 10 up to 1.500 nm
- scratch-resistant (scratch hardness acording to DIN EN ISO 1518: up to 20 N; pencil hardness according to DIN EN ISA 15184: up to 10H)
- abrasive hardness (cross-cut test according to DIN EN ISO 2409)
- chemical-proof to customary detergents and disinfection methods
- mechanically flexible
- Plastics (e. g. PC, ETFE, many others on request)
- Glass (e. g. borosilicate glass, soda-lime-glass, quartz glass)